Maybe it’s because daylight lingers until after eight p.m. Or perhaps we want to re-live the days of our youth, when summer meant long hours by the lake or the pool, grilling our meals outdoors, and driving with the windows open while our favorite tunes blared through the speakers.
Whatever it is, we feel the urge to slow down in summer – even when our jobs, families, and other responsibilities are tugging us in every direction. We fight back a little, take it easy, relax…
But the lazy days of summer take a tremendous toll on our skin, so proper skin care is something we need to make a priority all summer long.
A few tips from Arlene:
- Sunscreen – before spending long hours by the lake or pool, prepare your skin by applying sunscreen (and reapply no less than every two hours). But not just any sunscreen. Head To Toe by Arlene recommends Elta MD, a medical grade zinc oxide formula that protects your skin from harmful rays without all the chemicals found in popular over-the-counter brands.
- Hydrafacial – exposure to sun, wind, smoke from the grill, pollution in the air, even the drying effects of air conditioning, dries your skin, leaving it sensitive and dehydrated. A Hydrafacial treatment at Head To Toe by Arlene will help you declare your independence from dry skin. Hydrafacial cleans and exfoliates your skin to remove the dry, dead skin cells, then hydrates and moisturizes the new skin, leaving your complexion radiant and healthy. Best of all, Hydrafacial is safe for all skin types, and can be performed in conjunction with any other skin care treatment.
- Cleanse – be sure to cleanse your skin each day to remove the environmental pollutants that can clog pores and leave your skin feeling dry and looking lackluster. Arlene cautions against using soap, which can make dry skin worse.
- Products – you don’t have a face like everybody else’s, so why would you use an over-the-counter skin care product that is “one-size-fits-all”? Arlene carries a full line of B. Kamins, Image Skincare, Tend Skin, and Clarisonic technology, and evaluates your skin (and your habits and lifestyle) to recommend the products that will work best for you.
- *JULY SPECIAL – In honor of our nation’s birthday (and Arlene’s), we invite you to Declare Your Independence from Dry Skin with a $100 Hydrafacial Treatment (usually $150), July 1 through August 31, 2014.
Call Arlene at 770.973.7270, or email today firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
Relax and let Arlene pamper you. That’s the right way to enjoy the Lazy Days of Summer!